Followers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Mama

Today is already September 22 in the Philippines. What's memorable on this day? It is my mother's birthday and she is 69 years old. She was actually three months old during the WWII air attacks by Japanese forces. My aunt-grandma Bem-Bem told me that grandma and family used a cave to hide from Japanese forces. It was so hard for my grandma because my mother would cry a lot specially when she was hungry. When they knew that the Japs were gone, they would return to their home and continue living as normal. The family of my mother live in a countryside and they have their way of knowing when the enemy is around. Well, the whole family survived the WWII.

When my mother started schooling, she was a fast learner and very active in school. My grandpa was against the fact that his daughter loves to study. Born in a Spanish descent, grandpa said that women should not go to school but, men does! Women should stay at home and help the mothers while men will provide for the whole family. My mother was forced to stop schooling before she finished her Primary. My mother was devastated! She promised herself that when she will have a family, she would provide a good Education!

My mother left her town and went to the city to work as a saleslady in one of the biggest movie theatre in the city. Considering her level of education, it was not a hindrance! She was good in handling money for the biggest canteen in the movie theatre. Then, she met my father and got married. They have a son and when my mother was 8 months pregnant, my father left us. I was that child and my brother was two when parents separated.

I can not imagine how my mother survive life especially when the movie theatre went bankrupt and all workers lost their job. She was a single mom with two kids. I was in elementary when I volunteered to accompany my mother every weekend to help her do the laundry OF OTHER people. I will never forget those tiring moment of hard labor. On weekdays, before my brother and I wakes up in the morning, she already delivered the meat and seafood orders to her customers. She work tirelessly to provide us. As I grow older and realize the real scenario of our lives, I can tell you this that I seldom saw my mama cry! I never saw her helpless! You know why? My mother PRAYS a lot and take refuge to God in her weakness moments! She is a good Christian and a devotee of Mother Mary. She spent most of her FREE time in the church with her group such as Charismatic, Handmade of the Lord, Divine Mercy, Legion of Mary and many more.

Mama, thank you for everything! Happy birthday!

All I really wish from God is to give you an Excellent health always. I love you and I will be lost without you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.