Followers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Grand Graduation Invitation

The sweet memories of accomplishing the ladder to success happen once in a lifetime. For students, graduation is the end of the journey inside the campus. The real journey is facing the real world of finding luck of the chosen career. But one should not disregard the importance of graduation. One should celebrate the moment because the hard work and perseverance paid off.

I remember my graduation day in college. I was a member of the Glee Club in the University and our group was invited to sing the National Anthem and the Lord's Prayer on Graduation Day. It was so surreal because I was singing on stage wearing the Graduation Toga. It was a big accomplishment for me since I was a working student with extra-curricular activities and able to maintain my grades and pass all my subjects.

My family especially my mother was so proud of me. She is a single mom and she sacrificed so much just to send me to a prestigious school. I promised her to give her my diploma and on my graduation day, it was my gift for her.

She gave me a grand celebration and without my knowledge, she handled the graduation invitations perfectly. Some of her friends gave me gifts, flowers and cash gifts. It was a celebration that I cannot forget because after the guests went home, my mother and I talk until dawn time. We look back on those times when we struggled to make ends meet. My mother had been to a lot of odds and sacrifices, and I am thankful for her of what I am now.

The party was fun but, the memory that lingers on my mind was when my mother and I have our own time alone, just talking about our journey together: me, as a student and her being a great mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.