Followers

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

#StarTours in Hollywood Studios

When we plan to visit Disney, we usually stay for few hours. 4 hours max and we come late in the afternoon. We select 3 to 4 attractions, dine in and that's about it. We have a yearly pass so; we are not in a hurry to check out all attractions at once. On this particular day, we braved ourselves to ride the flight simutor. At the entrance, right beside the fast pass machines, characters of the Star Wars were waiting to greet the fans.

Well, there's few minutes left before take off to outer space so; we had no time to meet the characters. We move along and went towards the gate of Star Tours.

Here I was, just topping by to check out some souvenir items.

It's a long walk towards the flight simulator area so; the robot attendants were the ones who gave the directions. It was like going inside the airport and pass to a security area, LOL. The picture below is R2-D2 (standing on top of the starspeeder1000), an Astromech Droid giving directions to us.

Welcoming us in another area is C-3PO, the Protocol Droid which by the way fluent "supposedly" in over six million forms of communication. I was entertained and seemed to forget the long walk already.

I blame the long walk to the zigzag way hehehe. This is how they do it to kill the time especially when it's crowded. I really don't mind at all. The attraction is thrilling and exciting!

Check out R2-D2 on top and giving us instructions which way to go.

Here's another robot who gave us the last minute reminders.

The queue is long but, it was moving fast and besides, the robots keep us company.

I was reading the signs everywhere to make sure that this Flight Simulator is okay for me to ride. I hate adrenalin-rush rides. I said to myself, I will just close my eyes and scream if I'm scared LOL.

Actually, closing my eyes when the ride was too scary to handle, works! The bad part was when it was over, I felt dizzy and almost get sick. After a short walk along the Streets of America, I recovered my strength! That's the reason why; the Star Tour is always the last attraction that we want to visit before we head home. I don't want to ruin my day if I get sick.

By the way, on this particular day, there was a family of 8. The kids were quiet but, excited! The daddy was LOUD! As in LOUD! My goodness, it seemed he was screaming already. He keeps telling the kids to just relax because this ride is not scary according to the reminder posted on the wall. When we were seated and ready to take off, everyone around must be annoyed of his loud voice. Someone hushed him. He still talked loud and ignoring the hush. When the Flight Simulator started, he became silent. Even when it was time to scream, he was silent! When it was over and the door swung open, we were looking at his direction and he was like "pale-and-sickly" looking. Someone yelled, "the amazing ride GOT HIM good huh"? Everyone were laughing LOL. He was still quiet and went to a bathroom. Toink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.