Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

House in a Remote Place

Last Monday, we arrived in our friend's house in Alabama. I was expecting a dirt road but, from the main street to their house, it was all paved with concrete. From their mailbox which is a couple hundred feet to their house, they paved it with concrete at their own expense. I would say, that's a lot of money. See the picture below? You can't even see the mailbox on the main road. I enjoyed being there a lot because it reminds me of the province of my granny's when I was young. Anyway, their place is far and so many streets to turn which our GPS can't even locate. We pass by a big warehouse for cotton and peanuts because in that area, long stretch of cotton farms are endless. So, we arrived here at five in the afternoon while our friend was feeding the animals. They got a nice house and it's really huge for two occupants. I started to take photos of the surroundings and when I was about to get finish, I saw this big snake on the pathway at the back of the house. I was really running away from it and it never moves. So, I slowly take the picture of the snake and return to the front porch of the house. Whewww!.
Our friend told me that he do not kill this snake because it helps him eradicate the rats in his property. He only kill rattle snakes and he got plenty in his property. After knowing that, I quit going out the yard alone. Dang! They look like sticks on the ground, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.