Followers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mardi Gras in Ocean Springs is Always Fun

I was checking on some pictures in the folder of my working pc and saw these Mardi Gras photos. I took these photos during a Mardi Gras parade in Ocean Springs, Mississippi in the Government Street. This was a chilly and cold season and though everyone was bundling up, the wind will really get into your bones.
There are so many beads they gave with awesome designs in fact, some of us got collectible beads. One of my cousins told me that when she comes back from her travels, she will provide floats and all of us will participate in giving out beads, sort of thanksgiving for the family. I am looking forward for that event. I remember the first time I went to a Mardi Gras parade. I was hesitant to bring a bag but, when I was there, everyone brought more than one bag for the beads.It feels funny that I was just standing there watching the fun atmosphere but, hesitant to raise my arms asking for beads. When I looked around, everyone was cheering and giving signals to throw 'em some beads. The more you cheered at them, the more they love to give nicer beads.There were two Mardi Gras parade in Ocean Springs that time, one in the morning and the other parade took place in the evening. The evening parade was fun but, the chilly atmosphere was even more brutal but, we enjoyed it. Most of us brought our snuggie even if we already bundled up. This year we will be heading to Mississippi and we will be witnessing the Mardi Gras parade in Biloxi, Ocean Springs and D'Iberville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.