Followers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Springtime and Allergies

My allergy started to kick in two weeks ago and every day, I only have few hours of relief. It's on and off, and it's killing me. I have to change my bed sheets every day too because if not, my sneezing will be twice longer. Every day, I sanitize the floor, vacuum the carpet, and turn on the AC higher than normal. Allergy is common and environmental exposure is the common ground to get it. This factor may contribute to a predisposition to allergies.

I have a bad allergy when spring comes. When I breathe in the allergen such as pollen or dust, it triggers my allergy. I hate summers and the hot, dry, and windy days increases the amounts of pollen in the air therefore; it increases my allergy reactions too. On cool, damp, rainy days most pollen are washed to the ground and I don't get sick when the weather is cool.

Some allergies are often passed down through families. But, I can't think of someone in my family that has allergy in fact, when I was growing up; I do not have this allergy. Take note, if both your parents have allergies, you are likely to have allergies too. The chance is greater if your mother has allergies. The common symptoms that I have: stuffy nose, runny nose, and post-nasal drip. As soon as my allergy triggered by airborne allergens, I will have non-stop sneezing and nasal itching, as well as coughing, and headache, fatigue. The allergens also affect my eyes, causing watery, reddened, itchy eyes and puffiness around the eyes. I just hate it!

I won't let my allergy pull me down to stay at home all summer time. So, I take medicines for allergy relief and of course, I am buying a new air purifier that has HEPA filtration, can trap pollen, dust and mold spores. It is always good to smell fresh air so; I am buying a unit that can eliminate unpleasant odors. So far, I have windows of relief if I take medicines, stay indoors, purify the air inside the house and maintain cleanliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.