Followers

Monday, January 14, 2013

Woodpecker Caught in the Act

Early in the morning, the sound of the birds chirping is like music in my ears. It is always inviting to have a coffee at the gazebo and watch the birds hop and take a swim on the bird bath. On this particular day, I did have my coffe at the gazebo. While enjoying the early morning breeze, I heard a familiar sound. When I look up to the electric post, I saw a bird. I recognized it right away because it's not the first time that I saw the bird drilling and drumming on that post. What in the world ... LOL? That's tough! Good luck on digging bird!
woodpecker, WB150F
Here is a closer look of woodpeckers. They are so pretty. I have two frequent visitors on the bird bath and they are cardinals. I don't see them lately because for few days, I forgot to refill the water on the bird bath. They are really smart.
Photobucket
Many instances that they would grab my attention directing me to the bird bath with low water or worst ... dried out. I will then grab the hose and refill water on the bird bath. They will wait on the tree trunk above it, just staring at me and talking so loudly to themselves, LOL. When I am done, I will sit on my comfy chair by the front porch. The cardinals will then swim on the bird bath. They are so cute.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.