Followers

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Wild Gator Along NASA Parkway

I told you one time that we saw a big gator along the ditch at NASA Parkway but, I didn't get a good picture. Today, while driving on the same area, I saw this. It is about 8 foot. I took this picture while sitting inside the car along the side of the road. Believe me, the car is a bit distant away. The ditch here has no fence so; they can always crawl on to the road if they wanted too.
 photo wildgator6_zps1f687026.jpg
The gator tried to submerge its body. Trying to hide from me and made a left stride trying to see what's going on to where I was.
 photo wildgator5_zps56309aa3.jpg
This gator is huge and fat. When I first saw it, it was swimming straight at the middle of the ditch. Now that he saw me. it went on the side and trying to feel the area.
 photo wildgator4_zps989668bb.jpg
What you see here is just part of the head, Believe me this is huge. Gators in this area is seen as ordinary sight. This area is part of animal sanctuary. The Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge has 140,000 acres. This place served as a refugee that provides natural habitat for more than 1,500 species of plants and animals, that includes this creature.
 photo wildgator3_zpsd51d13eb.jpg
This is the second biggest gator that I have seen in the wild. There are tiny gators that looks cute and adorable LOL but, this one is rough looking.
 photo wildgator2_zps00492304.jpg
I wish I will the big gator again so you all can see it. Remember, this is Florida and the water here is not safe to swim. When you see gator warning, don't dare and be stupid to check.

 photo wildgator_zpsa1cd485e.jpg
Gators are just lurking nearby. When we drive on the road like NASA Causeway/Parkway, I always look for gators and sure enough, I found one. Actually, I found 4 on this day but, they are tiny. This is the biggest so; it's worth taking a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.