Followers

Monday, July 15, 2013

NASA's Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center

If you are a frequent reader/visitor in my blogs, you probably seen the photo below for so many times. This is NASA Parkway and one of the routes that hubby and I like to take when we head home coming from Cocoa Beach. Further down the road is NASA's Kennedy Space Center and starting today, I will be posting photos around NASA's #KSC. See the white and orange thing rising in vertical position? That is the Replica Rocket Boosters, an awesome addition to the Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit.

I took the photo below when we turn to Kennedy Space Center's Visitor Complex. The first building on the right is the $100 million home of the priceless and historic spacecraft, the Atlantis. It tells the incredible journey of NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle Program.

We were driving towards the parking lot of Kennedy Space Center and I can't help but took few shots of the building. I have been here many times but, today is different. This is the first time that I saw the building without the tarp/covers on and work is completed. I was just excited to see the Atlantis for real.

We parked and walked to the entrance passing the Rocket Garden and IMAX theatre then, I saw this sight up close. Remember the first photo above? Inside, this is what it looks like. The massive structure is a beacon to guests. The Replica Rocket Boosters are indeed visible for miles. It would be an awesome dramatic if the shuttle orbiter mated to the stack right?  Anyway, as you can see, the gateway only features the awesome and gigantic twin white boosters and the orange external tank. The orbiter is inside.

Fast forward photos here and let's go up to the building. Check out the gigantic twin rocket boosters and the orange tank from inside the building. Pretty awesome right? Remember that these are only replica.

The rocket boosters are the gateway to the main entrance of the Atlantis building which is a dramatic and a clever idea! The guests looks so tiny.

The first awesome attraction inside the building is a film showing. It was interesting and it brings down memory lane how the Space Shuttle Program started. I suggest that you sit at the middle. If you are taking video, make sure that no one is standing in front of you.

After the film viewing, the next room is another film viewing but you will probably love it more than the first attraction. Guest will experience what's it like to see the shuttle lifts off up close. The whole room will be AWESOME! Then, you will meet the Space Shuttle Atlantis for REAL! It will be dramatic and please .... do not cry. (wink)

In this room, oh my goodness you and your children will enjoy the interactive exhibit! You will never notice the time! Relax and enjoy! Now, do not forget to take a souvenir photo on this spot. You can make it dramatic too. I have an apprentice photographer so; this is my best shot LOL.

Oh, another best shot ... LOL. My nervous photographer is not too thrilled to take my photos LOL. Good thing that I live nearby and I can come here anytime I want. I will get my iconic souvenir photo next time hahaha.

That's all for now and hope to see you again tomorrow. I got more photos of the Kennedy Space Center and more. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. I'd like to see that someday. You are so lucky to live in Florida, there are so many things to see and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip, lots of neat things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this so cool i so need to visit again soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat place. I would love to visit NASAs exhibit. I have driven through Huntsville AL and seen the space center there but this looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't seen a space shuttle in person. that looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it very interesting that you do share this information with us. Like me that I don't know when will we ever visit the place is thankful for knowing some facts about NASA and all those shuttles on space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so nice. We have a Space and Rocket Center here in Huntsville, but we've never been there. I think my kids prefer to go swimming than check out the coolest things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.