Followers

Monday, November 11, 2013

Live Cooktop Challenge by #Electrolux

It took me a long time to give a recap about the #ElectroluxLive event which happened last Wednesday. As I was preparing to write about it, my attention was diverted to watching the full news coverage regarding the catastrophic event that struck the #Philippines. For many days, I did not blog. I just can't.

Today, I am okay and I decided to write.

I was watching the live stream last Wednesday, November 6 and it was scheduled at 1pm EST on Food52.com. I tuned in since I was curious and wanted to win the big prize!

The show started on time and introduced the 3 celebrity chefs namely:
1. Using the Gas , Phoebe
2. Using the Electric, Camille
3.Using the Induction, Jennifer

It was an interesting and I learn a lot about cooking. At the end of that live stream, a winner will be chosen randomly and brings home either an Electrolux Induction Cooktop or Electrolux Induction Range!

The #ElectroluxLive stream is all about cooking , showcasing 3 celebrity chefs. They cook the Pan Roasted Cauliflower using Gas vs Electric vs Induction. They asked these three questions and these are my answers:
 
1. What kind of Cooktop do you have at home? Gas.
2. How quickly does a cup of water boil in an Induction ? 90 sec
3. Presentation winner : is Camille.

I participated but, unlucky me, I did not win LOL but, I had fun! It was the first time that I engaged in a live stream.

Okay, here is what I learn about the Induction Cooktops:

The market price of 30" is about $1,999 while the 36" is worth about $2,199. It is pricey but, it has fabulous feature such as the power assist which is good because it can boil water in 90 seconds. What an amazing feature right? It also features Precision Cooking which control a gas cooktop in an electric range. Did you know that you can touch it and you will never get burn? Induction is cool to the touch therefore, it is kid friendly.

Another thing, it keeps food warm which means that it indefinitely hold food at the perfect serving temperature. It has exceptional temperature control which adjust the heat with greater accuracy than a gas or electric cooktops, especially at lower settings Also, it is perfect for melting chocolate and cooking delicate foods and sauces. How do we know that the pan or pots are good to use for Induction? The answer is, if a magnet sticks to the pan/pots then, it is good to use. If not, we can use a diffuser.

The winner of the Electrolux Induction Cooktop is Nikki M, the lucky one! Congrats. I totally enjoyed the live stream. Next time, I will join too. Here is the video link if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.